Saturday, January 14, 2012

A Glimpse At My Future?

When I was in college, I lived in a small apartment complex off campus. Across the courtyard from me there lived the Crazy Holiday Lady. She never took down her holiday decorations EVER. Her porch/veranda/outside area was always adorned with the decor of whatever season had either just passed or was approaching. Her Christmas stuff stayed up until she decided to put up Valentine's hearts. The red and pink was replaced at some point by St. Patrick's Day which was quickly traded out for Easter. There was never a time when her apartment was not embellished.

As I put away my Christmas decorations (yes, three weeks after the holiday), I feel that I can relate to her. The Christmas tree and its trimmings make me so happy. I don't want to box them up for another eleven months. I fear that, left to my own devices, I would keep my tree up year 'round.

I have this horrible feeling that some day I'll end up either the Crazy Holiday Lady or the Crazy Cat Lady. Or both.

No comments: