Thursday, August 02, 2012

Scalloped Potatoes and Ham in the Crock Pot

This was so good that I had to record it right away before I forgot how I wanted to tweak it.  I got it off of a website, but I can't find my way there again so I can't credit the original.  I'm so sorry!  If I find it in my wanderings, I'll edit this post with a link.  So here goes:

SCALLOPED POTATOES AND HAM

4 large baking potatoes, cut into 1/4 inch round slices
1 can cream of chicken soup (careful - not all are gluten free)
1 can water
1 ham steak, cubed
3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
3-4 cups broccoli
salt and pepper to taste

Dump everything into the crock pot.  Cook on low for 8 hours.

Buddy suggested adding bacon to it.  That sounds wonderful!  I think I might add some next time. 

I used fresh broccoli, but I'm sure that frozen would be fine.
The recipe called for only 2 cups of cheese, but I'm upping it to 3.  It wasn't cheesy enough for me.

What other modifications can you think of?

No comments: