Friday, November 15, 2013

First Trailer for "Noah"

You know, I'm always skeptical when I hear that Hollywood is going to adapt a Bible story for the big screen.  I'm not sure why because Hollywood brought us The Ten Commandments, Jesus of Nazareth and (this one might not be on some "positive" lists) Jesus Christ Superstar.  I think I'm afraid that they are going to sensationalize it beyond reverence.  Or add elements for marketability.

Case in point - the horrible, HORRIBLE "Noah's Ark" TV movie.  I remember vividly finally turning it off and not going back when Lot rode up.  Lot - of Sodom and Gomorrah.  In ABRAHAM'S time years and years after the flood.  Yes, Lot rode up on his horse while Noah was building the ark.  Click.  (Reading the synopsis, I learned that Lot and a band of PIRATES also survive in a boat and attack the ark later on.  I'm SO glad I didn't keep watching.)

So I am a bit gun shy about Hollywood and the Bible.

However . . .

I just saw the trailer to Darren Aronofsky's upcoming film Noah - release date March 28, 2014.  I have to admit, it got my blood pumping.  I've studied the story of the flood in length in a Bible study in the past, and it's a scary one!  A disaster of (excuse me) Biblical proportions.  In the Bible it says, ". . . on that day all the springs of the great deep burst forth, and the floodgates of the heavens were opened.  And rain fell on the earth forty days and forty nights."  Genesis 7:11-12  The springs of the great deep burst forth.  Watch the trailer.   



Oh, and another thing . . . snakes.  Why'd they have to show the snakes.  I know there were snakes on the ark.  I get it.  Can we just agree to TALK about the snakes and not show them making their way to the entrance?   *shiver*

So, now I'm excited about the movie!  Keep coming back here for more information, giveaways and sneak peeks. 

1 comment:

dilemmamike said...

Looks interesting. Not sure how it will go.