Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Come What May . . .

. . . tomorrow evening, come ice or snow or just plain coldness, I will be sitting in a nice, warm theater in the Alamo Drafthouse with some dear friends watching and singing along to Moulin Rouge.  I cannot wait.  Here is my account of my first Moulin Rouge singalong (and I still haven't really come down). 

Tonight, however, I will be with another friend at a screening of The Monuments Men.  I am also looking very forward to that.  It's got a wonderful cast - Matt Damon, George Clooney, Bill Murray, John Goodman, Cate Blanchett and Bob Balaban to name a few.  The story is intriguing - seven artists, museum curators, art historians and the like team up to rescue art treasure from Nazi thieves.  Add to that the fact that the hunt is still going on - they haven't found all of the art that the Nazis stole.  Top it off with directing and writing credits going to Clooney and you've got the potential for a real winner.  I'll let you know! 

 

No comments: