Friday, February 12, 2016

Day 3 - Giving Up Your Feeling of Unworthiness

Today's message was not a difficult one for me.  I am very confident in my identity in Christ - that He died for me not because of any action of my own, but because of the Father's love for me.  For some reason, that isn't difficult for me to accept.   I know that there's nothing that I can do to earn that love.  I know that I will never be perfect and that I can only do what I can do and do it with the right heart. 

I think that one of the reasons that it's easy for me, is that I had a lot of affirmation from my parents as I grew up.  Approval and love were not conditional in my house.  When I screwed up, I got consequences, but I never doubted my parents' love for me.  They accepted me and they continually made me a part of their lives.  If Mom or Dad had a rehearsal or a meeting or something to go to, it was always an option for me and/or my brother to go along.  We knew we had to behave and that we had to occupy ourselves and not ask for attention or cause a distraction.  But we knew that our company was always welcome. 


So today is an easy one! 

No comments: